In honor of Martin Luther King Jr day, we wanted to share some of our favorite quotes from him about money! These powerful words remind us that anyone can achieve financial success with the right mindset.
Happy MLK day, everyone!
Every Monday at 9 PM exclusively on Twitter, Tiffany hosts a Space called FinNoir: A Space for Black Money Talk. This Space features a variety of black voices in personal finance to give their perspectives, information, and thoughts on money topics that affect the black community.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day was celebrated and it was discussed whether MLK talked about money in any of his speeches; he did, indeed, talk a lot about money.
- The discussion focused on one quote from Dr. King which highlighted the consequences of worshipping the almighty dollar and being more concerned with making a living than creating a life worth living for oneself.
- It was noted that this quote could be used oppressively to discourage Black people from participating in capitalism as it keeps them behind but also understanding that money is not evil itself but rather what we choose to do with it determines its moral value.
- Further conversation centered around how some people may feel pressured into taking up certain jobs or lifestyles due to societal pressures even if they don't align with their personal values or goals while others have found different ways of earning an income without having to adhere strictly corporate rules/lifestyles such as entrepreneurship etc..
- Additionally, Vernon Johns who mentored Martin Luther King Jr., often gets overlooked when discussing Dr Kings work yet he had many ideas which helped shape MLK's views on pro-black business initiatives such as moving funds away from white banks towards black ones and getting insurance through black companies etc...
Need further help?
Book a 15-minute consultation call!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.